TREATIES Threaten US SOVEREIGNTY
International Covenant on Environment and Development – Eco–Logic Jan/Feb 98
- Agenda 21 (soft law) was the precursor to this treaty
- Consists of 11 parts, containing a total of 72 Articles
- It will convert the “soft law” recommendations of Agenda 21 into legally binding
hard international law
- Supports all the principles of Agenda 21 including the Precautionary Principles
- It is in complete conflict with our constitution
- This is the UN Treaty that will move the world into the clutches of global governance
The Law of the Sea Treaty (LOST)
- 1970's UN came up with the plan to control the seas of the world. In an attempt to
control the mineral, oil, gas, and other riches of the sea they came up with Law of the Sea Treaty
- 1973–1982 Law of the Sea Convention was created as a scheme to pay for this program
- Concerns about the treaty as expressed by Ronald Reagan and Ron Paul
- Loss of US sovereignty
- Mandates large fees and profit sharing with the UN ($500K+$1M+50%)
- The sole decision on whether to grant or withhold mining permits rests with the UN
- US must share technology with other countries
- Of course we are also told these statements are unfounded. Sorry but I will put my
faith in Reagan and Paul instead of Panetta, Obama, and Hillary.
International Criminal Court
- Would require the US to get permission from the UN to declare war.
Our Congress would have no say in the decision
- Overrides our Constitution, President, Supreme Court
- No trial by jury, no right to speedy trial, no right to confront your accusers, no presumption of innocence
- It exists to prosecute presidents and other top government officials
- 4 basic crimes (genocide, crimes against humanity, war crimes, aggression) Who defines these crimes?
- This could spill over to American citizens on American soil (NDAA???)
- President Clinton and President Bush were totally against the ICC
UN Small Arms Treaty
- It is a backdoor treaty to ban guns in America
- Being told it is to stop the exporting of guns
Rights of the Child
- Ban spanking in school and at home, cannot stop your child from
associating with undesirable friends
- Create a legal basis to sue state and local government to demand increased
spending for welfare, education and health care for children
- US to give foreign aid to poor nations to assure their children have adequate
health care, education, nutrition and housing
- When making decisions that affect the child, the child must have input
Code of Conduct in Outer Space
- Prevents the US from deploying anti–missile defense weapons systems in
outer space to counter the threat from Iran, North Korea and China
(this is the most effective method of detecting missiles attacking the US and Israel)
Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama are in complete support of these treaties.
A treaty is ratified by the Senate and does not go to the House. 2/3 vote is required.
A Treaty can only be reversed by a Constitutional Amendment or agreement by all participants.
All of these treaties have been around for years and have been kept at bay. Obama wants all
of these Treaties ratified and he will find a way to get them enacted whether by Executive Order or Treaty.